Human Resource Management Research Project
Here is a list of the questions that I have for an interview with a Googler (Google employee) or a Google People Operations team member (Human Resource Management Team):
1. What internal and external recruiting methods does Google use?
2. Are there any alternative recruiting methods that Google uses?
3. What are Google's Retention Policies?
4. What are Google's Termination Policies?
5. What are Google’s performance management techniques and policies that pertain to the training and development of their employees?
6. What are Google’s performance management techniques and policies for the employee appraisal process?
7. What are Google’s policies and procedures for retaining and terminating employees?
8. What are Google’s policies and procedures for managing the performance goals of their employees?
9. What are Google's policies or procedures for orientation of their new employees?
10. What are Google's policies and procedures for their employees learning/training of new technologies/techniques?
11. Besides, pensions/401k, free food cafeteria plan, insurances, and paid leave and time off from work, what other benefits does Google offer their employees?
12. What is Google's basis for compensating the knowledge, skills, and experiences that their employees possess?
13. What incentives does Google use to reward and motivate their employees (Googlers), both, monetary and non-monetary?
14. What are Google’s policies and procedures for labor agreements -both informal (psychological) and formal- with their employees?
Thank you.Chris Bergin
Student @ ECPI University of Technology